With the decision-making power of elected officials, coupled with the information and know how from law enforcement, businesses, human service agencies and residents, effective action can be taken against gun violence and crimes.
Increase your knowledge and understanding of gun crime and violence.
- Learn about state and federal enforcement and prosecution strategies in use in your community.
- Talk with victims of gun crimes to gain their perspective.
- Attend neighborhood meetings, neighborhood canvasses and call-ins.
- Ask others how they would prevent gun crime and violence.
- Collaborate with Operation Ceasefire to strategically plan how to reduce gun violence.
- Explore the problems from all perspectives and develop steps to solve those problems.